IDC is the most respected global technology market research firm operating in over 110 countries worldwide. Our collaborative, innovative and entrepreneurial culture is the perfect place for you to discover your future.
IDC is seeking a Senior Research Analyst to join our dynamic Mobility Team. This position will be responsible for primary research, report writing, market forecasting, survey creation, and supporting clients for the 5G and Mobile Operator Strategies programs at IDC.
This position will focus on developing an understanding of the competitive landscape, key trends and business requirements within the U.S. mobility market as well as become a leading authority on the imminent deployment of 5G and the implications to mobile operators, content providers, consumer and businesses, among others.
- Tracking and forecasting on the 5G market penetration in coming years, as well as keeping our operator results databases up-to-date
- Working closely with other IDC analysts to provide insight into the overall trends of the U.S. mobile services landscape including the impact of connected devices and evolving content delivery strategies
- Participating in custom projects that arise during the fiscal year
- Gathering and analyzing qualitative and quantitative information from top service providers and vendors as well as from end users to author research reports that provide strategic insights and advice to our clients
- Market sizing, forecasting, as well as in-depth company analysis, and tracking technology adoption and usage trends from a mobility perspective
- Working in collaboration with other IDC analysts to shape our mobility research, maintain publication deadlines, present research and insight to clients
- A bachelor's degree is required
- 3-6 years' previous market research experience
- The ideal candidate will be articulate and have strong written and analytical skills
- Industry experience is preferred (knowledge of the U.S. wireless market and/or mobile services market)
- Must effectively thrive in a team-based environment
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent interpersonal skills for client inquiry and internal collaboration
- The position will be located at IDC's headquarters in Framingham, MA
About IDC: International Data Corporation (IDC) is the premier global provider of market intelligence, advisory services, and events for the information technology, telecommunications and consumer technology markets. IDC helps IT professionals, business executives, and the investment community make fact-based decisions on technology purchases and business strategy. More than 1,100 IDC analysts provide global, regional, and local expertise on technology and industry opportunities and trends in over 110 countries worldwide. For 50 years, IDC has provided strategic insights to help our clients achieve their key business objectives. IDC is a subsidiary of IDG, the world's leading technology media, research, and events company.
IDC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, handicap, race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and expression, ancestry, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or other categories protected by law.