The Senior Appian BPM Java Developer will work in the Single Family Architecture and Platforms department of the Information Technology division at Freddie Mac. This team supports Single-Family business systems and applications. We are looking for an enthusiastic individual who are willing to learn and adapt in a team environment. This position will be responsible for the full software development lifecycle of Appian BPM and Java/J2EE based applications.
• Design, develop, modify, integrate, test, deploy and support enterprise-level Appian based BPM and Java/J2EE applications.
• Translate business process software requirement specifications into Appian process model prototypes and solutions.
• Support planning activities, such as impact and level of effort analysis.
• Deliver projects in either Agile or Waterfall software development methodologies, as project dictates.
• Design and implement complex enterprise integrations with industry standard technologies such as DB2, Sybase, Weblogic, LDAP/TAM, Active Directory and other internal systems in the enterprise.
• Develop and use library of reusable Appian components that can be leveraged in the enterprise.
• Conduct and participate in detailed design reviews and validate that the design follows the approved architecture.
• Participate in the day-to-day activities of the Appian BPM and Java development teams.
• 5+ years’ experience in Information Technology.
• Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or other related field or equivalent working experience.
• 3+ years of hands-on experience in design, implementation and production support of Appian BPM applications. Work experience must be with Appian version 7.x or higher.
• 3+ years of hands-on experience in design, implementation and production support of Java/J2EE applications.
• Have working knowledge of Appian architecture.
• Experience in tuning the system for performance improvements and performance related system design.
• Thorough understanding of relational databases, SQL, XML and web services (SOAP/REST)
• Experience applying Object Oriented Analysis and Design principles.
• Knowledge of business process modeling and optimization techniques, including orchestration of modeled process
• Some exposure to infrastructure, network and enterprise scale environments.
• Practical experience designing and building enterprise and/or distributed systems.
• Experience with Weblogic, IBM DB2, Sybase, MS SQL Server, UNIX/Linux.
• Experience in the financial services industry.
• Demonstrates ability to analytically address complex problems, process critical data, establish facts, and draw quality conclusions.
• Strong technical and analytical skills with the ability to analyze system functionality with customer and resolve production issues.
• Ability to work well under pressure, some tight deadlines and with ambiguity on some projects.
• Experience with systems and software architecture.
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you’ll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others. Freddie Mac is an equal opportunity and top diversity employer. EOE, M/F/D/V.
Location/Region: McLean, VA