In the role of Telecommunications Manufacturing Engineer, reporting to the Manufacturing Engineering Manager, you will provide Manufacturing Engineering support to the production team(s) to manufacture and assemble existing and future products.
Your day to day activities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Support Manufacturing operations to maintain highest level of productivity and quality possible.
- Evaluate and develop methods to produce and assemble radios, antennas, cabinets, and mounting equipment to improve cost, quality and schedule.
- Plan, develop and facilitate the implementation of processes and procedures required to assemble electro/mechanical assemblies, subassemblies, and systems to reduce cost, improve quality and scheduling.
- Coordinate with Engineering, Planning, Quality and Manufacturing to resolve production problems to meet production schedules.
- Participate effectively in Design Reviews on new and existing products with Engineering and make recommendations for ease of manufacturing to improve cost, quality and scheduling.
- Design and/or recommend equipment, assembly aids and tooling required to improve manufacturing products and processes.
- Implement and sustain 5S and Lean Manufacturing practices in the assigned team area.
Your education/experience includes:
- Bachelor's Degree
- Understand Fiber and RF cabling best practices
- Must have experience and/or training in Manufacturing Engineering or related profession in high tech industry assembling, designing or testing telecommunications network products.
- Knowledge of telcom wiring diagrams.
- Understanding and experience of processes and procedures required to do light assembly, product labeling and data wiring in an assembly line style.
- Understanding and experience to implement assembly aids and tooling.
- Experience in the selection of manufacturing tools
used to improve production.
- Ability to get diagrams and work instructions drawn fast.
- CAD ability is a plus.
- Has excellent communication skills.
- Proficient in the use of personal computers and Microsoft Office.
About this company
Join a group of amazing humans on a quest to use innovative technology to dramatically improve cellular deployment and telecommunications logistics. Our system of coordinated tools and processes align design, manufacturing and assembly, supply chain, and installation.
We are a passionate, energetic group of high-achievers, solving extremely complex problems.
We thrive when we are making our customers, and each other, successful.
We understand how to balance expertise with curiosity and adaptability.
We achieve results through cross functional collaboration in small, agile teams.
We win as a team, and we celebrate as a team.