RCN, a growing leader in telecommunications is seeking dynamic individuals to join our technical operations group. If you have insight in navigating technology and are customer service driven, then you are exactly who we are looking for to join our award winning team!! We are currently looking for entry level Service Technicians to provide excellent customer service to our growing client base. A Customer Satisfaction Technician is primarily responsible for the installation of all RCN's services from the customer equipment to the first active device in the system in addition to the completion of the necessary paperwork.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Install, service, disconnect, change or reconnect telephony, cable modem equipment, and CATV lines serving customer residences.
- Ensure all work is completed in accordance with all applicable company procedures and in compliance with all municipal, state and federal laws and guidelines.
- Provide customer assistance, education and information on services, customer equipment and products.
- Promote marketing and sales efforts during each customer and potential customer contact.
- Take appropriate action to expedite workflow to consistently meet customer appointments and company commitments.
- Report any unauthorized use of company provided service/equipment or any theft or suspected theft of service/equipment to the appropriate person.
- Maintain regular communication throughout shift with the dispatch office and appropriate supervisors following established policies and procedures.
- Maintain and operate vehicle in accordance with company policy and procedures.
- Perform all work in a safe manner according to all company independent agencies municipal, state and federal safe work rules and regulations.
- Issue, receive, maintain and be accountable for an approved level of inventory stock and equipment.
- Follow all policies and procedures for the care and securing of company property vehicles and equipment.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the department manager/supervisor.
- High School Diploma or General education Degree (GED)
- Successful completion of the Soft Skills and RCN Technical training courses for CST 1.
- Remain calm courteous when interacting with the public, customers, prospective customers, clients and co-workers.
- Must be able to work a shift that meets operational and customer’s needs.
- Maintain punctual and reliable work habits and job attendance.
- Ability to lift 80 lbs. and handle a ladder on a continual basis throughout the day.
- Ability to work with hand tools and operate machinery as needed.
- Ability to work at specified heights and crawl spaces.
- Is neat with self, work and all company issued items (i.e. uniforms, tools, equipment).
- Must be able to work outdoors during adverse conditions.
- Must be able to distinguish colors.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Maintain a good driving record, safe habits and valid Driver’s License.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.