IDx is executing a plan to implement the first AI device cleared by the FDA to practice medicine. Built on a series of patented machine learning algorithms, our software is designed to automatically diagnose early signs of debilitating eye diseases. In the process, we are working to prevent unnecessary blindness, drive down healthcare costs, and transform the way the world thinks about disease detection.
IDx is a private company with substantial funding and a deep product pipeline. As a rapidly growing company, every member of our team plays a fundamental role in ensuring our success. We want to hire people who bring new skills and perspectives that will take us to the next level.
For more info, visit
What We Are Looking For:
The senior software developer will lead high-level architectural design of the various software applications that comprise our medical device systems while providing development priorities, strategy, and timelines to coordinate project execution and delivery from a technical perspective. The candidate must be able to:
- Analyze, optimize, (re-)implement, and document complex code and/or existing prototype software.
- Produce well-documented, quality code that is easily maintained.
- Mentor less-seasoned developers and contribute to code reviews.
- Experience in or willing to learn how to work in a development environment requiring exceptional attention to detail, as our company is bounded by government regulation.
- 5+ years Object-Oriented Programming experience.
- Proven technical leadership and initiative.
- Excellent written and verbal technical communication skills.
- Applicants must not now or in the future need IDx to sponsor an immigration case for employment (for example, H-1B or other employment-based immigration cases).
What will help you in this role:
- Working knowledge of Microsoft development tools, specifically Visual Studio and Team Foundation Server.
- Knowledge of or interest in the medical device software development industry.
- Experience working in an ISO- or FDA-regulated environment, or another highly regulated environment (FAA, etc.).
The rigors and challenges of work at IDx are not for everyone, but the team here has some amazing opportunities to:
- Work with world-renowned doctors who are pushing the limits of machine learning in medicine.
- Build upon research and distribution partnerships with IBM’s Watson Health team to revolutionize health tech.
- Tackle complex problems/projects with the highest levels of quality and execution for audiences that include top technologists, the FDA, and world-leading healthcare providers.
- Push the accessibility and quality of healthcare to new heights to improve the lives of millions of people.
Some of the technologies we’re working with:
- Microsoft Visual Studio with MSDN and Microsoft Team Foundation Server
- Inedo Otter infrastructure as code
- C# / Ninject / NSubstitute / NCrunch / Nlog
- NVIDIA CUDA
- Windows Server with IIS webservices based on ASP.NET Web API
- A number of open source libraries to which we have contributed when appropriate
- Relocation stipend available.
- IDx team members are encouraged to participate in local technical events. Our team members have contributed to hackathons, entrepreneurial competitions, technology panels, and much more.
- IDx is located in Iowa City, IA, but this ia a remote/work from home opportunity based in Tucson, AZ
How to apply:
If you’re interested in learning more about working at IDx, check out
Location/Region: Work From Home