Information Systems Security EngineerEl Segundo, CA
Do you have experience in the information security field? If you want to take the next step in your career by joining a team of talented security engineers working for a company that is making a difference in the world, Parsons has an opportunity for you! We are currently seeking a senior information system security specialist to help us deliver best-in-class services to our federal government clients. The ideal candidate will become an integral part of a team that ensures appropriate security principles, concepts, methods, and practices are applied during the system life cycle to achieve stakeholder objectives for the protection of assets—across all forms of adversity characterized as disruptions, hazards, and threats. The system security engineer provides a sufficient base of evidence that supports claims that the desired level of trustworthiness has been achieved and a level of trustworthiness that the protection needs of stakeholders can be adequately satisfied on a continuous basis. Responsibilities:
- Define and/or review stakeholder security objectives, protection needs and concerns, security requirements, and associated validation methods.
- Define and/or review system security requirements and associated verification methods.
- Develop and/or review security views and viewpoints of the system architecture and design.
- Identify and/or assess vulnerabilities and susceptibility to life cycle disruptions, hazards, and threats.
- Design and/or review proactive and reactive security functions encompassed within a balanced strategy to control asset loss and associated loss consequences.
- Provide security considerations to inform systems engineering efforts with the objective to reduce errors, flaws, and weakness that may constitute security vulnerability leading to unacceptable asset loss and consequences.
- Identify, quantify, and evaluate the costs/benefits of security functions and considerations to inform analysis of alternatives, engineering trade-offs, and risk treatment decisions.
- Perform system security analyses in support of decision making, risk management, and engineering trades.
- Demonstrate through evidence-based reasoning, that security claims for the system have been satisfied.
- Provide evidence to substantiate claims for the trustworthiness of the system.
- Leverage multiple security and other specialties to address all feasible solutions so as to deliver a trustworthy secure system.
Experience and Education Requirements:
- 5+ years of system engineering and/or system security engineering experience.
- Proficiency in system security engineering principles and methods
- Familiarity with Systems Security Engineering (SSE) documentation (e.g. Program Protection Plans (PPPs)
- Anti-Tamper Plans, Counterintelligence Support Plans, Integrated Threat Assessment Reports, Operations Security Plans, Continuous Monitoring Plans, Defensive Cyberspace Operations Plans, IT/Cybersecurity Strategies, Information Support Plans, Enterprise Architecture Views) and related documentation IAW DoDI 5000.02, DoDI 5200.39, DODI 5200.44, DODD 5200.47E, DoDI 8500.01, DoDI 8510.01, and NIST SP 800-160.
- High School Diploma required / Bachelors’ Degree preferred. Must currently hold an approved DoDI 8570.01 certification. CISSP preferred. CISSP-ISSEP highly-desired.
- Applicants selected for employment will be subject to a federal background investigation and must meet additional eligibility requirements for access to classified information or materials.
- Active security Clearance required
Applicants selected for employment will be subject to a federal background investigation and must meet additional eligibility requirements for access to classified information or materials.
Location/Region: El Segundo, CA