Come advance your career at Petra!!!
Petra Industries is the nation's leading distributor in consumer electronics and we're growing aggressively, creating opportunities for you to grow your career with us.
Petra Industries is looking for a Swing Shift Supervisor for our new state of the art distribution center. This position will be responsible for the supervision, coaching and production levels of an assigned team. This position will work to ensure that each team member receives training and cross training. They will be responsible for motivating and driving each team member to meet or exceed quotas and production goals and objectives.
We're seeking metrics-driven leaders who are adept at building and utilizing key performance measures to incentivise and drive individual performance on their teams. Active problem solvers who can help us optimize our new, state-of-the art facility both for efficiency and overall performance are wanted. If this sounds like you, we want to talk to you!
Must have flexibility to work any shift.
- High School degree or GED equivalent.
- Completion of some college or vocational course work preferred.
- Management or Supervisor training preferred.
- 2 - 3 years production, warehouse or distribution center experience.
- 1 year production, warehouse or distribution center experience in a lead, team lead or supervisory capacity.
- Good supervisory and leadership skills.
- Superb written and verbal communication skills including ability to read, count, and write.
- Excellent follow-up and follow-through skills with superior attention to detail.
- Ability to motivate others and the ability to excel in a fast-paced environment.
- Basic computer skills; strong data entry skills.
- Understand all units of measure: inner packs, case sizes, and shipping units.
Typical Physical Demands:
· Requires prolonged standing, bending, stooping and twisting of body. Frequently reaching overhead with arms and hands, feeling, fingering and grasping.
· Requires normal range of hearing and vision and requires being able to see small writing at a limited distance.
· Subject to cold and hot temperatures.
· Manual dexterity sufficient to operate a computer keyboard and calculator.
· Ability to move and handle merchandise weighing 0-125 lbs. Ability to lift up to 50 lbs, and up to 125 lbs with assistance.
Representing more than 500 leading brands, Petra is the industry accessory authority. We connect tens of thousands of top name-brand products with tens of thousands of retail partners. Petra knows that retailers rely on accessories to increase margin. Accessories for mobile devices, the fastest growing segment of CE products ever; connected home accessories; automotive accessories; audio/video accessories; appliance connection accessories all of the most sought-after add-ons for every category of consumer electronics are stocked at Petras massive distribution center. The company was founded in 1985 with a focus on and passion for accessories. Today, Petra is so much more: serving every segment of retail with the hottest products.