Data Center Technical Support
This position is based in our Broward Data Center, which is just outside of Fort Lauderdale, South of Boca Raton, and North of Miami. We are looking for highly motivated and skilled individuals who are able to excel in a dynamic environment. The ideal candidate will be required to
Candidate must have 3+ years of administration experience in working on several different operating system platforms. The candidate must have the ability to identify and resolve with various physical, virtual, and logical environmental related issues. 2+ years experience in data center deployment and infrastructure with knowledge of mission critical facilities system design, operation, and maintenance.
• Track and debug network, hardware, and Linux / Windows OS related issues
• Rack and Stack large, scalable inventory of computers, switches, routers, and storage hardware
• Physically assist in moving and racking equipment
• Diagnose hardware issues and repair or upgrade as required
• RMA tasks for in-warranty failed hardware
• Handle incoming shipments and track assets through internal NOC system
• Use and maintain automation and installation tools
• Automate and refine processes following data center best practices
• Create documentation for the site operations knowledge base
• Work independently on projects utilizing critical thinking and problem solving skills.
• Participate in first response to all operational service issues on an on-call rotation basis.
• Provide customer technical support via phone and ticket system
• Provide "Remote Hands" assistance as requested by customers
• Perform vendor / customer escalation associated with outage resolution, maintenance, moves, adds and changes
• Expert knowledge of data center best practices (i.e. basic fault tolerance, cable routing, calculating power usage)
• Experience working with enterprise computers / network hardware
• Experience working with Linux / Windows Operating Systems
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to assist and lift / move 30-40 lbs on a daily basis
• English / Spanish Bi-Lingual a plus
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
• 2+ years experience in data center deployment and infrastructure
• 3+ years of increasing responsibility in any of the following specific areas:
ISP Network installation and troubleshooting
Mass storage installation and maintenance
IT project design and execution
Team leadership and project management
Preferred knowledge of mission critical facilities system design, operation, and maintenance.
The company has two data centers located in Deerfield and Miami, Florida.
All technicians are designated to one of our facilities, travel between data centers may occur and will be reimbursed accordingly.
Our people are what make us more than one of a million other companies. That's why we take good care of them and they take care of our customers. Here are some of the benefits the company offers:
✓ Competitive base pay
✓ Comprehensive Medical, and Dental plans
✓ Lounge and game room
✓ 401K / retirement plans
✓ Employee Perk and Discount Program
✓ Casual wear, comfortable work environment
✓ Flexible work schedule with paid time off (PTO)
✓ Training and tuition reimbursement
✓ and more…