Capitol Broadcasting Company (CBC), a diversified media and entertainment company based in Raleigh, N.C., is seeking an Associate Software Developer to support CBC's digital media initiatives. The technology department is responsible for building and maintaining all of New Media's internet properties as well as developing highly available applications for internal and external use.
- Creating and launching client websites on behalf of our Digital Solutions division
- Developing and maintaining our core web publishing system
- Maintaining WRAL.com and its affiliated properties including its mobile apps
- Building and supporting our live and on-demand video streaming platform
- Participate in an after-hours on-call rotation
- Experience with PHP and the full the LAMP stack
- Comfortable with back-end WordPress development including plugin development
- Familiarity with AWS Cloud is ideal but not required
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Two or more years' experience coding for the Web and a college degree in computer science or equivalent experience required
- Ability to pick up new programming languages and technologies quickly
- Able to clearly communicate project requirements and progress with internal stakeholders
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects and tasks in a fast-paced environment
A pre-employment drug screening is required. EOE, M/F. All Capitol Broadcasting Company properties are tobacco free. Capitol Broadcasting Company participates in E-Verify.
About this company
Capitol Broadcasting Company, Inc. is a diversified communications company which owns and/or operates WRAL-TV, WRAL Digital, WRAZ-TV, WRAZ Digital, WRAL-FM, WRAL-HD2, WCMC-FM, WCMC-HD1, WDNC-AM, WCMC-HD2, WCMC-HD3, WCLY-AM, WCMC-HD4, Microspace, CBC New Media Group and Wolfpack Sports Properties (a joint venture with Learfield) in Raleigh, NC; WILM-TV, WILT-LD and Sunrise Broadcasting in Wilmington, NC; The Durham Bulls Baseball Club, Bull City Hospitality, and the American Underground startup hub in Durham, NC; Holly Springs Salamanders in Holly Springs, NC; and real estate interests including the American Tobacco Historic District in Durham, NC, and Rocky Mount Mills in Rocky Mount, NC, and Professional Builders Supply, (an equity partnership) in Morrisville, NC.