SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
RF TEST ENGINEER (STARLINK USER TERMINAL)
Starlink is Spacex’s ambitious program to bring high quality internet to the globe by building a constellation of thousands of satellites in low earth orbit (LEO) which we have we started launching on our Falcon 9 reusable rockets this year. We are looking for a talented, creative, and driven RF Test engineer to spearhead test systems for millions of devices we call User Terminals to link our customers to our satellites. You will drive design validation and testing, from initial concept development to full scale production, and will interact regularly with senior leadership during critical design phases. The success of Starlink depends on the quality, reliability, cost, manufacturability, throughput, security, and user experience of the products that you deliver.
- Rapidly develop engineering and design validation test solutions (EVT & DVT) for our high volume consumer electronics for communicating with our satellites.
- Write automation software in Python to interact with units under test, test equipment, instrumentation, and documentation systems
- Root cause test failures to ensure issues are fully understood and to provide design recommendations for the product to increase reliability and yield
- Partner with electrical, antenna, software, mechanical, and manufacturing teams
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or similar engineering degree
- 1+ years of professional experience rapidly designing test solutions for electronics
- 1+ years of programming experience
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Master’s degree in electrical engineering or similar engineering degree
- 1+ years of experience with RF test equipment and measurement techniques to validate product requirements
- 1+ years of experience analyzing electrical schematics to develop test plans, improve test coverage, and root cause issues
- 1+ years of experience working with environmental testing such as HALT/HASS, thermal, vibration, shock, humidity, and climatic
- 1+ years of professional experience testing, troubleshooting, and debugging RF electronics (WiFi routers, phased arrays, modems, etc)
- 1+ years of experience testing products to meet FCC, IEC, ETSI, EU and international standards
- 1+ years of professional experience with fast-paced projects
- Strong understanding of computers and programming languages (Python, spice, C/C++)
- Demonstrated ability to work in a highly cross-functional role
- Ability to work in a fast paced, autonomously driven, and demanding startup atmosphere
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Passion for advancing the commercial space industry and human spaceflight
- Must be willing to travel domestically or internationally as needed
- Must be available to work extended hours and weekends as needed
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.
Location/Region: Hawthorne, CA