Headquartered in Lynchburg, Va., BWX Technologies, Inc. (NYSE:BWXT) is a leading supplier of nuclear components and fuel to the U.S. government; provides technical and management services to support the U.S. government in the operation of complex facilities and environmental remediation activities; and supplies precision manufactured components, services and fuel for the commercial nuclear power industry. With approximately 6,250 employees, BWXT has eleven (11) major operating sites in the U.S. and Canada. In addition, BWXT joint ventures provide management and operations at more than a dozen U.S. Department of Energy and NASA facilities. Follow us on Twitter @BWXTech and learn more at www.bwxt.com.
BWXT is currently seeking a CAD Designer for its Lynchburg, VA location!
The CAD Designer/Mechanical Draftsperson will be part of a diverse and multi-discipline team working on a variety of projects including next generation reactor design, reactor component/equipment development, medical isotopes, and advanced manufacturing technology development.
- Designs and creates part drawings, assembly drawings and bills of materials transitioning from design concept to preparation of fully engineered and professionally presentable drawing packages and specifications.
- Creates piping and instrumentation (P&ID) drawings.
- Creates process flow diagram (PFD) drawings.
- Creates electrical schematic drawings.
- Works to redlined drawings and part lists.
- Prepares packages of drawings and associated documentation in accordance with approved standards, policies and procedures.
- Prepares procurement packages to send to manufacturing.
- Works with data management tools Solidworks PDM to organize and manage project data.
- Assists with prototyping activities and advice on corrective action to resolve design problems.
- Works closely with engineering, purchasing, production, and other teams to ensure design work meets requirements.
- Evaluates and suggests improvements to product designs.
- Ensures technical quality and accuracy of project work.
- A minimum of a high school education or equivalent is required.
- Must possess at least three (3) years of solid modeling experience.
- Must have demonstrable experience with Solidworks, Product Data Management (PDM) systems, and P&ID.
- Must be able to demonstrate superior written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Must have knowledge of standard drafting policies and manufacturing processes including product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials.
- Must have knowledge of project engineering activities (task plans, schedules, etc.).
- Must be able to effectively prepare and deliver technical reports and presentations.
- Strong team player with the ability to develop effective relationships with internal and external customers and suppliers.
- Must be a US Citizen with no dual citizenship.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) clearance.
- Proficient in AutoCAD P&ID.
- Proficient in Siemens NX.
- Proficient in ASME Y14.5 Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) Standard.
- 2 year associates degree in Engineering Technology or drafting.
- Computer Aided Manufacturing (CAM) software experience.
- Computer Numerical Control (CNC) machine experience.
- Coordinate-Measuring Machine (CMM) experience.
US Citizenship, with no dual citizenship is required for this position.
Applicants selected will be subject to a Federal background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. Position requires U.S. Citizenship with (no dual citizenship) ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Energy (DOE) security clearance which involves an extensive criminal and financial background investigation, drug test and previous employment reference verifications.
BWXT supports diversity and is committed to the concept of Equal Employment Opportunity. We have established procedures to ensure that all personnel actions such as recruitment, compensation, career development, benefits, company-sponsored training and social recreational programs are administered without regard to race, color religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or veteran status.
https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf Nearest Major Market:
Lynchburg Nearest Secondary Market:
Location/Region: Lynchburg, VA