Envision Physician Services
is a multispecialty physician group and practice management company. Established in 1953, our organization provides anesthesia, emergency medicine, hospital medicine, radiology, primary/urgent care, surgical services, and women’s and children’s health services to hospitals and health systems nationwide. Sheridan Healthcare, EmCare, Reimbursement Technologies and Emergency Medical Associates have recently joined forces to form Envision Physician Services. As one organization, we now provide a greater scope of service than any other national physician group. Our collective experience from hundreds of local, customized engagements, culture of continuous lean process improvement, and team of experts in the business of healthcare enable us to better solve complex problems and consistently give healthcare organizations confidence in our execution. Our combined organization serves more than 780 healthcare facilities in 48 states and the District of Columbia. If you are looking for a stable, fast-paced, growing company in the healthcare industry that is committed to innovation, excellence and integrity, then this may be a great next step in the advancement of your career. We currently have an exciting opportunity available for an experienced Manager, Database Operations
. Responsibilities The role of Manager, Database Operations
is to provide hands on leadership for data administration and various aspects of our data strategy, which covers data architecture, data management, and data governance. The scope of the position involves managing a small team of data professionals that support a custom mission critical radiology information system in compliance with government regulations such as HIPAA. Manage all daily operational activities related to data management and administration, including ETLsLead team in all of the maintenance, monitoring, performance analysis, troubleshooting, problem resolution, backups, and user assistance required of databases in mission critical environmentEnsure data solutions and associated applications are tuned optimally and financiallyMonitor and report database capacity and performance metricsPlan and execute tactical approaches that materialize our data strategyContribute to adoption and expansion of our data strategyAssist product engineering with Microservices transformation via data architecture and managementSupport enterprise data warehouse and data analysts in delivery of BI analytics and data visualizationParticipate in innovative projects that require and leverage data science capabilitiesMature growing data science capabilities of both systems and team membersOther duties as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree from four-year college or university in Information Systems, Computer Science, or Business Administration, and 5 or more years of related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5+ years direct experience in managing, leading, and overseeing mission critical data operations
- 5+ years direct experience supporting product engineering and back office operations
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Relational DBMS: AWS RDS, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Microsoft SQL Server
- Non-Relational DBMS: Dynamo, Mongo, Cassandra, CouchDB, HBase
- Reporting and Analytics Platforms: Tableau, Power BI, SSRS, SSAS
- SQL and database IDEs
- Other scripting languages would be a plus: Python, R
- Demonstrated leader of both people and things
- Able to prioritize, make decisions, and execute in high pressure, service oriented environment
- Solid background in best practice data administration, data management, and other data operations
- Extensive experience with data modeling, data strategies, tactical planning, and project management
- Experience with data science and machine learning desired
- Experience with clinical systems is desired
- Working knowledge of databases and IDEs, both SQL and NoSQL
- Extensive experience with all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle
- Flexible and adaptable with regard to learning and understanding new technologies
- Highly self-motivated and directed with keen attention to detail and
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Able to communicate effectively with non-technical staff and with members of interdisciplinary teams
- Very strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
If you are ready to join an exciting, progressive company and have a strong work ethic, join our team of experts!
We offer a highly competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package.
Envision Physician Services uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
Envision Physician Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. #LI-JF1
Internal ID: 2019-21382
Location/Region: Littleton, CO