Correctional healthcare is not just a job. It’s a calling.
By choosing a career with Corizon Health you are choosing the opportunity to truly make a difference in the health, well-being and future of the patients you serve. We take pride in being a pioneer provider of correctional healthcare. If you are interested in helping us continue our legacy of innovation and clinical expertise, we encourage you to connect with us today.
$5,000 sign-on bonus available to eligible full-time employees.
The Licensed Behavioral Health Professional at Lansing Correctional Facility is responsible for provision and documentation of behavioral health services to offenders in a secure environment. Behavioral health services include assessment, stabilization of mental illness, individual and group therapy, psycho-education, and crisis intervention. Below is a list of the role's responsibilities:
- Assess offenders for behavioral health needs through intake, sick call, follow up, and restrictive housing contacts.
- Provide behavioral health services for assessed needs or create a referral for provision of such services.
- Accurately assess behavioral health crises. Intervene in crises to ensure offender safety, reduce risk, and improve functioning.
- Provide Special Needs services to stabilize mental illness and improve functioning of assigned offenders.
- Utilize evidence-based treatments to assist with management of mental illness and reduction of criminogenic risk factors.
- Conduct group therapy utilizing evidence-based treatments informed by pre- and post-test data.
- Collaborate with offenders to develop and maintain treatment plans for on-going behavioral health services.
- Consult with clinical supervisor to ensure appropriate and effective delivery of therapeutic services. Adjust treatment plans and service delivery as indicated.
- Perform on call duties as assigned.
- Complete timely, accurate, and professional documentation of all services provided.
- Participate in staff meetings and attend training sessions as required.
- Ensure that offender confidentiality and other legal rights are protected.
- Consult with and educate staff from other departments as needed for the safe, appropriate, and humane management of offenders with mental illness.
- Perform all duties in line with ethical, professional, correctional, and legal standards.
Corizon Health offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance, a generous PTO plan, 401k with matching funds, tuition assistance, continuing education reimbursement, and more!
- Master's Degree in a Behavioral Health Field
- Master’s Level licensure through the Kansas Behavioral Sciences Regulatory Board.
- Counseling experience in a Correctional setting preferred, but not required
A background check, security clearance and drug screening are required for this role.
Corizon Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. In compliance with federal and state employment opportunity laws, qualified applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability, Vietnam era veteran, or disabled Veteran status. EOE including Disability/Protected Veterans.
Location/Region: Farley, MO