The "Design Quality Project Manager / Program Coordinator -Data Centers" is part of the overall clients Data Center Design Quality team. This requires someone that is very technically detailed, yet also shine in multi-disciplinary environments. Besides having a strong background in architecture, structural, civil, mechanical and electrical design disciplines, the ideal candidate has excellent written and oral/verbal communication skills.
Also this position has a program coordination component, in that he/she will be responsible for tracking and managing our client's many building design projects using dashboards and other metrics / KPI tracking tools. This is program level dashboard tracking, not an individual project level. Therefore, knowledge and use of typical program level metrics or KPIs will be helpful.
Must demonstrate expert-level skill of the G-Suite tools and AutoCAD. (Experience using Google Sheets, Google Docs and file-sharing experience in Google Drive is mandatory.) Ideal candidate should have recent enterprise-wide experience with:
- Google Drive
- Google Sheets
- Google Docs
- Google Slides
- Google Hangouts /Google Meet
- Google Chat
Other mandatory software application experience
- Absolutely mandatory: AutoCAD (including experience with architectural, civil, structural, mechanical and electrical design documents)
- BIM360 (not required, but may be helpful)
- Tableau (or similar dashboard tool)
A. Design Document Review:
The role of the "Design Quality Project Manager / Program Coordinator" (aka "Design Quality Manager") visibly check and verify completeness and correctness of individual data center design packages including the design drawings, specifications, technical guidelines prior to release for bid or construction.
The Design Quality Manager is also responsible for identifying technical errors and omissions, then work with the clients internal Engineering and Data Center teams to drive for timely corrections and improvements.
- Reviewing design documents and comparing them against the client's global Plan of Record (PoR) to confirm that documents are up to date, correct, and complete.
- Recommend corrections as
necessary, or refer changes back to consulting engineers / designers for revision.
Ensure that the design team is meeting all local codes and local requirements.
- Work Volume: Responsible for 1- 2 very large, full, site specific projects from Basis of Design (BoD) to 100% design.
- Drive design meetings, provide continual input to optimize design, minimize unnecessary work, ensure meetings are efficiently managed.
- Facilitate technical decisions in-line with project needs
- Provide clear and transparent communication with all internal stakeholder and external project partners
- Ensure the issuance of engineering
information to the right party, at the right time, in the right format.