The Network Team Lead acts as both a line manager for the Network team and as a senior engineer. They are responsible for the team designing and operating TrueBlue’s worldwide data network.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support the Network team in designing and operating the corporate network. This includes managing on-call schedules, break-fix work, major outages, and operational reporting.
- Lead the network team as a line manager. This includes mentoring and supporting career growth, doing reviews and evaluations, and resolving conflicts and similar issues.
- Take an active role in owning the network technology footprint and the evolution of that footprint to better meet business requirements and support key initiatives.
- Support, design, and implement routing policies in globally distributed multi-vendor Internet, WAN, and LAN topologies
- Communicating with internal teams about business objectives, operational issues, and long-term projects.
- Managing multiple projects and initiatives for a team of ~6 network engineers.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or a closely related field and/or 7+ years’ related experience or equivalent experience.
- Experience supporting or managing network professionals in an operational enterprise environment.
- Significant experience in supporting Network or Telecom environments in a large scale company with several years of data networking, design, installation and support.
- Tier 2 Cisco certification (Network Professional Level or higher) or similar pertinent networking/telecom qualification is highly preferred.
- Amazon AWS experience including EC2, ELB, VPC, Route 53, TGW, etc., is highly preferred. AWS Certifications given extra consideration.
- Experience with designing, deploying, and maintaining a highly available corporate hosting environment. This includes routers, switches, load-balancers, firewalls, etc. We are a multi-platform shop, so varied experience is useful.
- Highly-Available infrastructure design and operations support experience.
- Practical, hands-on knowledge and experience with backbone IP routing protocols such as BGP and OSPF.
- Working knowledge of various networking protocols including IPSec, VPN, VRF, etc.
- Familiarity with the design, installation, configuration, troubleshooting and monitoring of core LAN/WAN services including VoIP protocols (i.e. H.323, SIP, UDP, RTP, etc.
- Familiarity with Cisco Unified Communications environment. CUCM, VoIP, CUBE, etc. are highly desired.
- Experience with mentoring and coaching individuals at all levels of professional development.
- Experience providing internal customer service to the business, including meeting quality standards, SLAs, and communicating these effectively.
- Time management skills for both self and the team. This includes prioritizing work, tracking details, meeting deadlines on multiple projects with varying completion dates.
- Experience in identifying operational issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems.
- Ability to respond to emergency calls twenty-four (24) hours a day, seven (7) days a week on a rotating basis and willing to carry a cell phone at all times.
WORK ENVIRONMENT and PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, talk, and/or hear for long periods of time. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move 25 pounds and occasionally more than 50 pounds.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
About Us TrueBlue was founded on the idea of connecting people and work. We work with businesses to provide the workforce solutions they need to succeed. Publicly traded since 1998 with annual sales of $2.7B, TrueBlue provides a talented workforce of over 840,000 people and partners with 130,000 companies around the world through three segments: PeopleReady, Workforce Management (PeopleManagement) and PeopleScout.
• PeopleReady provides on-demand and skilled labor in the retail, manufacturing, warehousing, logistics, energy, construction, hospitality, and ports & terminals.
• PeopleManagement provides on-premise contingent staffing and on-premise management of those contingent staffing services.
• PeopleScout provides high-volume permanent employee recruitment process outsourcing and management of outsourced labor service providers.
We see great opportunity to be the leading provider of contingent workforce solutions in North America and the recruitment process outsourcing solution globally. What we do at TrueBlue is simple – we put people to work and change lives every day.
This is an opportunity for you to join the growth and excitement at TrueBlue. We recruit strong talent that has potential to grow beyond the role initially hired and into future organizational leaders.
Internal ID: 102046
Location/Region: Mcchord Afb, WA