As a Building Automation Design Engineer, you will be responsible for the design of quality building automation control practices for assigned projects, fulfilling a critical role for a multinational company that specializes in digital automation and energy management.
- Lead detailed automation design and engineering field audits
- Analyze the performance of mechanical, electrical, and control systems and recommend changes to improve functionality and/or energy efficiency through multi-disciplinary Energy Conservation Measures
- Prepare automation designs for the project that meet the need and level of control for given systems
- Assist in creation of sequences of operation for improved energy efficiency of HVAC equipment and other mechanical, electric, and pneumatic systems
- Create building automation and integrated system drawings and reports
- Assist in validation and commissioning hardware and project installations as required
Preferred Skills and Expertise
- A minimum of three years related work experience required in the building automation/controls and/or installation of mechanical HVAC equipment
- Four (4) year college engineering or technical degree required OR equivalent work experience
- Certified Energy Manager (CEM) certification preferred
- Working knowledge of BAS platforms (Vista, Continuum, I/Net, and/or Invensys) high preferred.
- Knowledge of industry codes and standards: ASHRAE, NEC, NFPA, UL, etc.
Location/Region: Itasca, IL (60143)