Ideal candidate will be responsible for on-premise server infrastructure evaluation scheduling and planning, infrastructure QA and test automation, and infrastructure lifecycle management. Additional responsibilities will include gap analysis and feature enhancement recommendations for current and existing platforms, to ensure operational stability expectations are met or exceeded for application owner service delivery. Directly interface with other product owners internal to the team, including SAN storage, virtualization, microservices and network teams. Participate with cross-functional and cross-organization teams to develop solutions and strategies for their Software Defined Data Center. Currently working in a hybrid environment (in office and remote).DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
BASIC / MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Support and maintain existing lab infrastructure leveraging defined ticketing and resource scheduling processes.
- Continuous evaluation of new and existing server infrastructure capabilities and features, to ensure requirements are met for both existing applications and new product services.
- Contributes to architectural discussions, with both internal and external peers, to ensure proposed solutions are meeting business and operational needs.
- Collaborates with other engineering and operational organizations to understand unmet requirements and challenges, and recommend solutions.
- Responsible for automating the compute and storage certification, bare metal provisioning automation, domain specific automations, etc.
- Sets standards for approved infrastructure deployments and integrations.
- Works with leadership to refine and effect current processes.
ADDITIONAL JOB QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering and/or related and/or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum eight years of experience administrating, integrating and designing data center infrastructure solutions including server hardware, virtualization platforms, SAN switching, storage technologies, basic networking and Cloud Management Platforms.
- Minimum eight years of experience designing both physical and virtual solutions for cloud architectures leveraging both blade and rack mount server platforms.
- Minimum eight years of experience designing and engineering Software Defined Data Center solutions for workload optimization and placement.
- Minimum four years of experience with Cisco UCS B-Series infrastructure and UCS Manager.
- Automation skills - Ansible, Terraform, Robot Framework.
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language to communicate with employees, customers, suppliers, in person, on the phone, and by written communications in a clear, straight-forward, and professional manner
- Can clearly and professionally communicate with peers and solution vendors, both in person and through approved electronic communication means.
- Ability to schedule and coordinate multiple projects, communicate project requirements and objectives, and defend design decisions based on findings.
- Ability to meet deliverable objectives with minimal supervision.
- Understanding of Telco or related service provider services and technologies.
Related Work Experience / Number of Years
- Understanding of infrastructure logging and monitoring solutions, for alerting and reporting.
- Experience with automated builds of new datacenter infrastructure deployments leveraging Workflow Automation platforms.
- Experience with CMP service catalog creation.
- Experience with Object Storage solutions.
- Certifications including Cisco CCNP Data Center, Linux Foundation Certified Engineer, Linux Foundation Kubernetes Administrator, VMWare VCP and NetApp Certified Data Administrator.
- Masters or Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or related field or related work experience
- Engineering work experience / 5-10
- Project management work experience / 5-10
Location/Region: Greenwood Village,