The Sr. Data Architect/Modeler works for the Technology organization. The Sr. Data Architect will enable successful project delivery through adherence to project management processes. To achieve this goal, the Sr. Data Architect must set the example of following project management and governance processes; build collaborative working relationships with all users, business units, departments, and be a strong contributor to the IT Organization.
Projects often include: business process re-engineering, creating new internal policies and new internal product standards, upgrading IT infrastructure, applying access controls and other security remediation requirements, documenting issues, testing HIPPA solutions, and working with software development teams, performing QA/test deliverables releases and deployments.
Will be responsible for requirement gathering through interviews or existing system documentation, preparing functional and technical design documents using standard techniques like Joint Application Development (JAD) session, and extensive Data Model development and process flow diagrams. This position should be able to create use cases, workflow analysis and should be able to create and maintain project management documents. From a project delivery perspective, this resource would serve as a lead for requirements gathering, design and development of BI solutions, particularly from SSRS and Power BI Reports.
The position should also be able to do extensive design of the physical/logical data model for the Data Warehouse and Data Marts using Erwin. The Sr. Data Architect will also be responsible for documenting the requirements and leading the acceptance testing for project. Healthcare industry experiences a plus.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES include, but are not limited to:
· Research and analyze the software and hardware requirements, workflows and designs to define detailed test plans, cases, data and procedures.
· Create test cases, scripts, and data from approved requirement and design documents.
· Host test plan review meetings with project team members, including: solution architect, project development lead and project manager.
· Attend various technical design and review sessions in order to understand workflow requirements and potential testing issues, risks and/or conflicts
· Conduct all testing and quality assurance activities.
· Provide input and recommendations to development lead, solution architect, release manager, and project manager to improve the quality and assurance of the solution being developed.
· Maintains data models as needed.
· Updates manager on personnel issues and testing constraints.
· Nurture relationships with program managers and solution architects to know well in advance future testing requests.
· Participate at team meetings and works collaboratively with peers.
- Minimum Education: bachelor's degree in Information Systems or equivalent experience
- Minimum Experience: Five years of SQL development using designated platform products and tools to design, develop, and implement business information systems.
- Proficiency in the utilization of analytical development concepts and methodologies is required.
- Experience with T-SQL, SSRS, SSIS, DTS, and SQL Server 2012, 2016 and 2020 required.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written; Well established computer skills Must be highly motivated, detail oriented and organized Must be able to interface with all levels of management Work in a high pressure environment Excellent people skills Ability to work on call as needed Ability to work effectively with little direction.
- Demonstrates a strong commitment to our company’s values: Integrity,
- Ambition, Smart, Passion, Accountability, and Teamwork
- Experience with Data Warehousing and SDLC
- IT business analyst with experience in documenting and managing requirements
- Experience with both traditional Waterfall SDLC and Agile / Lean methodologies
- Healthcare experience is required.
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related fields
The Center for Family Health & Education, Inc. (CFHE) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC), located in the northeast San Fernando Valley area of Los Angeles. CFHE provides affordable and comprehensive medical care for underserved, uninsured, and underinsured residents of the greater Panorama City area. CFHE has been providing primary health care, mental health care, dental care, and women’s and children health care, as well as transportation services for patients since 2009.